Thursday, August 4, 2011

You Scream, I Scream... What? Vegan Ice Cream!


As we slide into the last month of summer, the joys of sun and heat have faded, and I think it's safe to say we're all looking forward to the first breeze of fall. One summer splendor I can never get enough of however is ice cream; there's something so lovely about a creamy, just-blended milkshake or a freshly scooped cone that I never cease to crave. Sadly, being vegan, the options for such luxuries are almost always limited to fruit gelato, and even then there's no guarantee it's actually dairy free. Every summer I get into the habit of sacrificing my veganism for a cone or two... but the sacrificing has come to an end!

The extremely delicious Sadie's Diner has opened a tiny new sister spot in Kensington market... and oh my, is it ever sweet!






With popsicles, every variation of ice cream bar, floats, milkshakes, smoothies, Tofutti ice cream cones, and home made ice cream on the way, Sadie's Ice Cream Bar is a little patch of heaven for the overheating vegan. Pop in and see for yourself at 146 Baldwin Avenue in Kensington Market.


I'm sure I'll see you there!
Between Shoe and I

No comments:

Post a Comment